What Is Anthurium?
Anthurium, also called the Laceleaf, is one of the most popular and original potted plants in the tropics. Although its flowers are of irregular shapes, they offer significant red decorative values.
Anthurium flowers are usually used to make bouquets for their beauty.
And nowadays, Anthurium itself is a common ornamental plant in Hong Kong.
Contrary to many gardeners’ beliefs, laceleaf is easy to groom and care for.
Note that all parts of the Anthurium plant, including the fruit, are toxic and should not be eaten.
Types of Anthurium Plant Found in Hong Kong
Among all types of anthurium plants, Anthurium andraeanum and Anthurium sherzerianum are popular in Hong Kong.
- Magnanimous for its red flowers
- It can grow as tall as 10cm away from the ground
- Its blooming period varies on its type; some bloom throughout the entire season while others in spring or summer.
- Like the flowers, the leaves are ornamental because of their bold green colour
- Grows as tall as 20cm-50cm away from the ground; its leaves are usually over 20cm long